The army consists of a large number of state-of-the-art, mechanised tanks, divided into more than 20 military armoured divisions. Currently, the army is developing its air force to further increase its power.
In S.1203, approximately 70% of the Imperial army was under direct command of Chancellor Giliath Osborne and therefore considered the force of the reformist movement.
General Staff Office
The General Staff Office (
The Imperial Defence is a newly established division within the Imperial Army, replacing the Imperial Guardsmen of the Provincial Armies, tasked with the protection the Imperial Family and the Valflame Palace.
Military Armored Division
Only the armored divisions explicitly mentioned in the games are listed below.
- The 1st Armored Division, the Heimdallr Garrison, is stationed in the imperial capital.
- The 3rd Armored Division is stationed at the Zender Gate and commaned by Lieutenant general Zechs Vander.
- The 4th Armored Division is commanded by Lieutenant General Olaf Craig and Major Neithardt. It is said that the 4th armored division has the most raw firepower among all units in the Imperial army.
- The 5th Armored Division was stationed at the Garrelia Fortress and commanded by Lieutenant General Walter. It was completely annihilated alongside the obliteration of the Garrelia Fortress itself.
- The 6th Armored Division (第六機甲師団) is stationed in the western half of Erebonia and was responsible for guarding the Empire's eastern border after the annihilation of the Garrelia Fortress.
- The 7th Armored Division (第七機甲師団) is the division Major Mueller Vander is part of. It is said that the 7th Armored Division can tear across a battlefield with lightning speed.
- The 8th Armored Division (第八機甲師団) is stationed at the Tangram Fortress in S.1206.
- The 9th Armored Division is stationed in the eastern half of Erebonia and was responsible for guarding the Empire's eastern border after the annihilation of the Garrelia Fortress. Afterwards, in S.1205, it was transferred to Crossbell Station.
- The 11th Armored Division (第十一機甲師団) is stationed in the western half of Erebonia and was responsible for guarding the Empire's eastern border after the annihilation of the Garrelia Fortress.
- The 13rd Armored Division (第十三機甲師団) was commanded by general officer Rudolf Arundel, which was responsible for spearheading the Hundred Days War in S.1192.
- The 32nd Armored Division, which was sent to invade Crossbell and was annihilated by Aion Type-γ.
Railway Military Police
Heimdallr Military Police
The Heimdallr Military Police is tasked with keeping order within Heimdallr, Erebonia, and keeping its citizens. Their uniform resembles those of the military armored divisons, but are coloured blue rather than purple.
The Air Force (