The current emperor of Erebonia is Eugent Reise Arnor III, who resides at the Valflame Palace in the imperial capital Heimdallr together with his wife, Empress Priscilla, and three children: Prince Olivert, Princess Alfin and Crown Prince Cedric.
|Crossbell Province||Crossbell City||500,000|
|North Ambria Province||Haliask||Unknown|
Erebonia borrowed its name from Erebos, the deity of darkness. It is said the land was shrouded in darkness before the nation of Erebonia was founded. In this land lived two factions, each centred around a Sept-Terrion: the kinship of the Sept-Terrion of Blaze and Earth. The Sept-Terrion brought prosperity and peace to their factions for several hundreds of years until one day, they went to war with each other. Their guardians followed suit.
The treasures assumed the form of giants and the battle caused great calamities to the land. Realising the mistake they made, the factions made peace with each other. Their treasures, however, were locked in battle and continued for a thousand days until both exhausted the last of their strength. Their empty shells were flung to the furthest reaches of the land; the Blaze guardian ended up enshrined on Bryonia Island and the Earth guardian in Nord Highlands.
However, with their decisive blow, the powers of the two Sept-Terrion synthesized to form a new power, the Great One. Realising the power would be too great for mankind, the two factions collaborated with the Holy Beast to seal away the Great One. After several failed attempts, they decided to seal its essence in a higher plane: the Blaze faction split the Great One into seven fragments that were inserted into the seven shells constructed by the Earth faction. These became known as the Deus-Excellion.
Afterwards, the Blaze faction renamed themselves to Hexen Clan and the Earth faction to Gnomes. They continued to collaborate immediately after the Great Collapse to protect the land. As the faction started to live together and were joined by surrounding folk, they worked on the foundation of Erebonia.
Soon after the Great Collapse, poverty and distress among the populace raised the demand of a local leader, for whom the Holy Beast mediating Arnor bloodline was requested and setup as emperor in Heimdallr. Missionaries from the Septian Church visited and acknowledged the state and introduced faith as a novel method to communicate with Aidios. This led to the construction of the Heimdallr Cathedral under the reign of Sion Arnor, the third emperor, in S.81.
Around S.300, Heimdallr counted approximately 50.000 citizens that enjoyed the renaissance of culture. The period of peace and prosperity was brought to an abrupt end with the appearance of Dark Dragon Zoro-Agruga in S.371, which occupied Heimdallr and turned it into a necropolis by spreading its miasma. Emperor Astorius II and his people fled to the southern city of Saint-Arkh, which served as the imperial capital for the next century. Assisting the people in their escape, the Hexen Clan lost their elder and the Gnomes their Holy Beast.
Urged by the leader of the Gnomes and guided by Roselia, the new elder of the Hexen Clan, Emperor Hector I became the Awakener of the Vermillion Deus-Excellion, Testa-Rossa. Bolstering immense power and countless weapons, Hector I managed to fell Zoro-Agruga and reclaim Heimdallr. The miasma that emerged from the dying dragon, however, claimed the emperor's life and placed a curse upon Testa-Rossa. Hector's successor met with Roselia and the leader of the Gnomes to seal the cursed Deus Excellion underneath the Valflame Palace. Afterwards, the leader of the Gnomes declares to Roselia they would break contact with them and disappeared completely.
Over the course of the next century and a half, the empire of Erebonia regained its stability. This period gave rise to powerful clans, each taking control of an imperial territory in the form of a province. The empire recognised them as nobility. These noble families engaged in small-scale conflicts in order to expand their territory and increase their influence. These conflicts escalated into battles for which Deus-Excellion (all but Testa-Rossa and Ishmelga) were awakened and deployed. The noble families with no Deus-Excellion in their possession saw their infantry crushed under the overwhelming strength of the enormous knights.As a countermeasure, they resorted to the mages. The mages were a group of intellectuals that sought the glory and miracles of the ancient Zemurian civilsation in Erebonia during the Dark Ages and were obsessed with its revival. With the investment of the noble families, the mages developed Magic Knights to compete against the Deus-Excellion. After many defective prototypes that would only move when the spirit veins were stimulated, which worked out since that was what the Deus-Excellion were doing, the mages succeeded in creating what is considered the prototype to the Magic-Knights, Ol-Gadia, for an influential family that is no longer around in the north of Erebonia in S.527.
Erebonia is located in western Zemuria. It is bordered by to the east by Calvard; to the south by Liberl; and to the northeast by the Nord Highlands. It is bordered to the north along the Eisengard Range and to the west by the Balares Sea.
Imperial Army of Erebonia
- Main article: Imperial Army of Erebonia
The Imperial army is under command of emperor Eugent Reise Arnor III and his government, tasked with the defense of Erebonia from external forces. The army consists of a large number of state-of-the-art, mechanised tanks, divided into more than 20 military armoured visions. In S.1203, approximately 70% of the Imperial army was under direct command of Chancellor Giliath Osborne and therefore considered the force of the reformist movement.
- General Staff Office serves as the backbone of the Imperial army.
- Imperial Defence is tasked with the protection of the imperial family.
- Imperial Intelligence Agency was established before S.1193 by Giliath Osborne. Prominent members include Captain Lechter Arundel and Millium Orion.
- Armored Divisions are positioned throughout the empire.
- Railway Military Police is tasked with patrolling Erebonia using railways and consists of at least 11 Squads. Its most prominent member is Claire Rieveldt.
- Heimdallr Military Police is tasked with keeping order within the capital of Erebonia and protecting its citizens. Their uniform resembles the imperial army's but is blue rather than purple.
- Imperial Air Force is a newly established divison in the Imperial army. Thors alumna Emily and Teresia joined the fleet after graduating.
Traditionally each province in Erebonia possessed their own provincial army (州領邦軍) that served their respective Duke or Marquis. Aurelia Le Guin commanded the Lamarre Provincial Army and Wallace Bardias commanded the Sutherland Provincial Army; who commanded the Kreuzen and Nortia Provincial Army is not known.
In October S.1204 the provincial armies joined forces as the Noble Alliance under command of supreme commander Croire de Cayenne and chief of staff Rufus Albarea. Following the attempted assassination on Giliath Osborne they staged a coup d'etat later known as the October Campaign. In December S.1204, Chancellor Osborne returned and managed to gain the Noble Alliance's full support with exception of the Lamarre Provincial Army.
Its commander, Commander Le Guin held their base at Juno Naval Fortress siege until August S.1205. Their force at the time consisted of 50,000 soldiers, enormous airships, enough supplies to extend their siege for 3 years and fully equipped antiaircraft artillery. Even the Imperial Army was perplexed on how to deal with the situation. In exchange for imperial government's guarantee that the provincial armies would maintain their independence, Former Noble Alliance commanders Le Guin and Wallace agreed to participate in the Northern Campaign.
Afterwards, the provincial armies were unified as the Unified Regions Army (統合地方軍) under command of Brigadier General Bardias.
Erebonia has a tenuous relation with most of the countries surrounding its borders, brought about in part with its habit of annexing small nearby nations. Though it has signed a non-aggression pact with Liberl, their relationship is still shaky at best as a result of the Hundred Days War.
It is particularly on very bad terms with the Calvard Republic.
Erebonia's economy can be divided into 4 main categories: Mining, Agriculture and Foreign Trade and Technological Corporations.
The Sachsen Iron Mine, located in the north of Roer in the Nortia province, is often referred to as "the framework of Erebonia", highlighting its importance for Erebonian economy. Iron ores are transported from the mine to Roer, where the First Plant of the Reinford Industry Group refines the iron into orbal-powered devices or uses it for the construction of buildings. The Sachsen Iron Mine was originally part of the Rogner Marquisdom, but as an imperial resource the ownership was transferred to the royal family of Arnor.
Spread out near Celdric is the grain-producing region Grand Granary. Since the Orbal Revolution, which led to a sudden surge in population and increase in importing crops, the Grand Granary has been tasked with supplying Erebonia with food.
The most important products for export are orbal-powered devices. Traditionally, the Erebonian government used to charge high customs duty on imported goods, making imported goods a scarcity. Recent deregulations, however, have led to a lower customs duty and therefore an increase in imported goods.
- Reinford Group is a prominent maker of orbal-powered devices, boasting an overwhelming market share in Erebonia. The current president is Irina Reinford. Their headquarters are situated in Roer.
- Imperial Chronicle is the main news outlet for Erebonia. It is a empire-wide newspaper that caters to all clients and while it tries to be unbiased, it fell under the control of the Noble Alliance during the October Campaign.
- Conrad Company (コンラート社) is owned by Hermann Conrad, who is considered a merchant of death who made a fortune during the Hundred Days War, making him one of the Empire's most wealthy men, despite being a relative newcomer. Afterwards, he partnered up with the Reinford Group was promoted to serve on their board of directors. Late S.1203, Gralsritter arrested him for unauthorised possession of, and illegal use of, the Fool's Locket artifact.
- Rieveldt Company (リーヴェルト社) is a renowned maker of musical instruments. After Claire Rieveldt inherited the rights, she had them transferred to its current president, President Morgan.
- Quincy Company (クインシー社) is a maker of confectionery.
- Kleist & Co. (クライスト商会) is a business network seeking to unite commercial firms and business across Erebonia. They have stores in Heimdallr, Ordis and Jurai SEZ.
- Crimson Co. (クリムゾン商会) is jaeger corps Red Constellation's dummy company, responsible for running the Neue Blanc clubs.
- Lakelord Company (レイクロード社) is a maker of fishing equipment. Its current president is Lakelord II.
- Heimdallr Bank (帝都銀行), Erebonia's largest bank, announced a partnership with IBC. Its current president is Giscard.
Public transport is highly commonplace in Erebonia. Its railroad system is spread throughout the nation, in which its capital Heimdallr serves the purpose of central hub. Major cities throughout Erebonia are connected through local branch lines. The Transcontinental Railroad runs through Crossbell into Calvard. Important lines of Erebonia's railroad system include:
- Transcontinental Railroad (Heimdallr - Trista -1 hour- Celdic - Garrelia Fortress - Crossbell - Calvard)
- The Kreuzen Main Line (Heimdallr - Trista - Celdic - Bareahard)
- The Lamarre Main Line (Heimdallr - ? - Ordis)
- The Sutherland Main Line (Heimdallr - ? - Saint-Arkh)
- The Nortia Line (Heimdallr - Roer)
- The Eisengald Branch Line (Roer - The Gate of Zender)
- The Ebel Branch Line (Bareahard - Legram)
- The Freight Line (Bareahard - Aurochs Fort)
- The Ymir Branch Line (Roer - Sachsen Iron Mine/Ymir)
- Private Royal Line (Heimdallr - Karel Imperial Villa)
Maritime transport makes use of the Arnor River between Erebonia's capital Heimdallr and the maritime city of Ordis on its west coast.
Whereas the nation has converted to the Septian Church during the Middle Ages, animism was the indigneous belief system of Erebonia. Animist traditions have ever since being incorporated in the beliefs of the Septian Church and are part of the its annual Summer Festival.
Erebonia has a wide range of schools. From standards schools to specialized schools, it caters to all of its younger citizens.
Some of these schools include:
- Thors Military Academy - Trista
- St. Astraia Girls' School - Sankt District, Heimdallr
- Imperial Academy - Heimdallr.
- Music Academy - outskirts of the Mater Park district, Heimdallr.
- ↑ Sen no Kiseki III, Chapter 4: "Glimmering Heimdallr", 07/15.
- ↑ It is said the population of Ordis, 460,000 citizenes, is three times the size of Saint-Arkh in Sen no Kiseki III, Chapter 3: "The Pulse of Steel ~Profusion of the Sea Capital~".
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named